To firstly improve the image I used Camera Raw to add a general tint to the image, also adding and boosting the saturation gives the image a colder look.




Then using the select tool I selected the models body from the foreground to keep the colours the same.





Once the layer had been masked i could then add the Hue and tint to the background.




By flipping the image I could use the primary focus (model) and place it on the front cover, I used a Sans Serif font as it creates an easy to read caption. I used the natural lines within the image to place the text on top of.


The back cover design was to be simple, I ignored the rule of using the natural lines and decided to keep the track list on the straight so to not overpower anything.



Finally we where given a template to provide a layout for our design. My image needed to be enlarged to achieve the correct composition.