Search

TomWellsPhotos

Level 3 Photography Student

Category

Final Album Covers

Album Cover – Final Outcome

screen-shot-2017-01-27-at-13-30-25

 

This image was created using gel covers mounted on to the studio lighting. Creating the yellow glow.

 

screen-shot-2017-01-27-at-13-30-18

I felt the image was not powerful enough by its self, to adress this I selected the model from a previous image to place in the background as a double exposure.
screen-shot-2017-01-27-at-13-30-37screen-shot-2017-01-27-at-13-48-59album-cover-2screen-shot-2017-01-27-at-13-49-06

Album Cover – Final Outcome

screen-shot-2017-01-26-at-10-08-02

To firstly improve the image I used Camera Raw to add a general tint to the image, also adding and boosting the saturation gives the image a colder look.

 

screen-shot-2017-01-26-at-10-17-02

 

Then using the select tool I selected the models body from the foreground to keep the colours the same.

 

screen-shot-2017-01-26-at-10-17-11screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-18-05-31

 

 

Once the layer had been masked i could then add the Hue and tint to the background.

screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-18-05-54album-cover-2

 

 

By flipping the image I could use the primary focus (model) and place it on the front cover, I used a Sans Serif font as it creates an easy to read caption. I used the natural lines within the image to place the text on top of.

 

The back cover design was to be simple, I ignored the rule of using the natural lines and decided to keep the track list on the straight so to not overpower anything.

 

 

Finally we where given a template to provide a layout for our design. My image needed to be enlarged to achieve the correct composition.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑